Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Between Worlds

I got onto an Asiana plane in LA today and flew back to Seoul.  Uneventful trip really.  That is once you get past the frazzled me at the LA airport.  (Remembers dropping her wallet that wasn't closed yet on the ground in front of a large group of police officers.)  I'm literally stuck between two worlds right now.  A part of me is struggling not to cry at leaving my beloved country and loved ones.  Another part of me is slipping into the way I act in Korea.  Movements or motions or words or ways of speaking that I used in South Korea before but tried to suppress while in the United States of America are struggling to come back.  Yet now that I am finally used to not saying "thank you" all the time in Korean or handing/accepting things with one hand under the elbow, the environment I'm surrounded by demands that I return to it.  Finding the rhythm that I had before leaving will take some time.


No comments:

Post a Comment