Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

US from Korean Viewpoints

Something that never ceases to amaze me is the dramatically different views that Korea has about their country that Americans don't.

I learned a lot today when I went to the DMZ.  I didn't actually go inside it, nor saw any North Koreans.  However did many other things of which I will blog about shortly.

Anyrate, South Korea is really mad, evidently, at our former president George Bush Jr.  The US had been eating, hugging, and hanging out with North Korea with peace talks underway and the nuclear program suspended when ... three months later... George Bush is elected president and gets up front to make a speech.  He calls North Korea the axis of evil along with Iraq and Iran.  North Korea gets upset and asks for reassurances that the US is still willing to work on improving their relations... the US doesn't respond.  South Koreans  point out that we then attacked Iraq, one of the axis of evil that we named.  They said North Korea was afraid they were next and that is why they returned to their weapons research.

Also learned that North Korea won't harm any Chinese, their only ally left.  So if they attack, go to Jeju Island there there are a lot of Chinese ^_^

And learned that South Korea also doesn't like CNN.  CNN evidently is still in the teenage years of life making a big dramatic deal over nothing.  South Koreans don't like Korean being called one of the dangerous spots in the world nor that this area is most likely to have a nuclear war.  They enjoy pointing out all the reasons why CNN is wrong.  I have to say, I agree with them.  No need to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

2 comments:

  1. You had to go to Korea to learn that about CNN....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom - Connie VealMay 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM

    It would be a great day if the N and S Koreans would become a United Korea in the way that Germany did, where folks could be reunited with family members on the other side of the DMZ, and travelers could pass through without fear of one of the most evil dictatorships in the world. I didn't know that N Korea was so bad until my resident historian/political analyst shared some details with me about the N Korean regime. I would have set Khadafi and a few others ahead of N Korea. I can understand the mindset against the U.S., however, with the former U.S. president naming them as part of the axis of evil, when work was progressing to try to make the world a more peaceful place up to that point.

    ReplyDelete