Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Exotic Foods

About once, sometimes twice, a week Emma comes over to share a meal and play monopoly deal with me.  Today she brought McDonalds and I actually managed to win two games against her.  So proud of that.  I asked when she was coming again and she suggested Wednesday.  Since it is my turn to provide the food (and I am a little tired of ordering chicken... *gasp*...) I asked if she would be willing to try my cooking.

She asked what I had in mind.  After warning her it was very midwestern and bland in comparison with Korean food, I told her I was thinking about potato and onion soup/broth with bread.  I made it two weekends ago with McKay's chicken styled seasoning and it was really good.  She said she would love to try my cooking and eat exotic food.

Exotic food?!  Grandma would love to hear her cooking called exotic.  I suppose that is something Koreans would think of as exotic though.  Now I am intrigued about what else I can make on the stove top that she might like to try.  One step at a time though.  Pity cottage cheese loaf isn't made in microwaves... (but I would have to make the cottage cheese first and haven't had the courage to attempt it yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment