Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Debates

Our sophomores in Middle School started their debates today.  Their class is my favorite class simply because it is history.  I know how to teach it and teach it well.  I've had so many compliments from teachers and students that I do well in that class and that I should teach more history classes.  Which is ironic since I was then promptly given more conversation classes.

The debates originated when Teacher Willis and I talked about how do a project where both our classes could be involved together.  Finally we settled on dividing our classes into teams and pitting them against the other class' teams.  We came up with some geography related questions to go with our last chapter - geography.  Then we added a few more relevant questions about governments.  They have researched and prepared for awhile now and today was the start of the rewards for their work.

We set up the classroom that I teach in as it was the most suitable for debates.  We worked on how to set up the tables and where to put the kids.  We put water out for each team and for the judges.  I took pictures and will post them on facebook in the immediate future.  We are all really proud.  Today went well.  A red team (Willis's classes) won one of the debates.  A blue team (my classes are blue classes) won one of the debates. They are set up tournament style.  Teams 3 and 4 will debate next Tuesday.  Then all 4 winning teams will be pitted against each other next Thursday.  I can't express my excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment