Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Returns

Yesterday was an exciting day for me.  Not only was it the last day of my two week summer break, but Janelle returned from her mission trip to Kenya.  Eager to hang out with her again, I started walking to town.  I didn't even get outside the school gate before a car pulled up.  Three Korean teachers offered me a ride.  They were going to Daegu and my stop was on the way.  Happy that it was so easy to arrange, I settled in for a convenient and pleasant ride.  The three guys turned out to be rather enjoyable company and soon we were joking around.  There was a language gap as neither of us knows the others' language well.  Still, it was a good time.

Upon reaching town, I was dropped off to wait for Janelle.  Emma and I wanted to try out a coffee shop and meeting Janelle before going there was the plan.  Since I was half an hour early (thanks to the teachers allowing me to skip the bus ride), I pulled out my notes on the book Dorian Gray and went over those.  It was hot out, so I moved inside Baskin Robbins to wait there.  Finally, Emma and I met up.  Janelle sent a text saying she was on the way and finally came too.

Then we all got onto the subway together and went to the subway nearest Teacher Geoffrey's house.  One block from his place is a cute and relaxing little cafe called "iBrik."  They play gentle and often classical music.  The Peach Tea that is served there is delicious and very inexpensive.  It is easy to access via Geoff's car, the bus, and the subway.  A perfect place with a good and friendly atmosphere for a small group of friends to gather.

We sat and made sure Janelle felt welcomed back.  Indeed, I was so happy to be with them that I could barely sit still.  She talked about her trip and we made plans to hang out more than we did last semester.  I especially want to have more activities with friends in order to have more memories.  Taking a rest at home is nice, but unfulfilling.  Nowadays, it is easy to meet for a meal and spend an extra two hours after the first hour just relaxing and talking to each other.  This is more enjoyable than going home by ones self.

No comments:

Post a Comment