Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sabbath

With all the drama at school in the last 48 hours, I decided to spend my Sabbath elsewhere.  I went bright and early into Daegu to meet up with a few friends.  On the way there, I ended up walking from Gyeongsan Market all the way to Sawol Station.  That is quite a hike.  Eventually we all got together and went to Suseong Lake.  Located on the south side of Daegu where the more expensive property is, we had a pleasant view of the mountains hidden in clouds and rain.  The weather is a result of a typhoon that hit someplace nearby, so we had a break from the heat.  Felt like the Pacific coast in it's freshness.  We hung out, talked, slept, enjoyed the view of the lake.  It was all very relaxing.  When it got late, we ate supper at an Indian restaruant.  I had a choking experience with some spicy curry that I gladly gave away for more mild food.  My favorite was of course the naan.  Bread that is amazing in itself, I enjoyed it with dipping sauce.  Afterwards we went walking some more and finally parted ways.

I learned something while hanging out with my Korean friends.  That they are treated better when they are with us Americans.  That we are given discounts and service because we are American.  I didn't know that.  I assumed everyone was treated this way and lauded Korean society.  Now I know and so I plan to take them with me if I ever go out to hang out in town again.

No comments:

Post a Comment