Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Church

I have had the wonderful opportunity to go to church today.  Not the one with the school.  An actual church.  It was enjoyable and I was very happy about it.  A friend came and picked me up.  He drove us to the smaller church and we arrived in time for the end of sabbath school.  Basic, but enjoyable.  Then we went upstairs to the sanctuary.  The prayers and the sermon were translated.  There were kids making a small symphony.  It was pretty neat.  They said goodbye to a foreign teacher who sang a song for us.  I suppressed tears, it was so beautiful.  He cried.  Potluck was really good.  I recognized everything from the cafe.  I only messed up when I got korean pizza patties... started to eat them and tasted the dreaded korean mushroom taste.  Adding rice to each bit I chewed helped hide it so I wouldn't gag.  Never been so thankful for rice.  There was pineapple too and that really made my day.

Afterwards the person who took me to church showed me his apartment there.  He has two.  We went walking and he showed me more of the local area.  Then he loaned me one of his guitars and gave me a lesson.  On our way back, he showed me some of the scenic areas nearby.  He knows a lot of hiking trails but I am nervous about taking them after my poor performance last time I went hiking.  It was a great day and I ended it with making nonbake cookies.

1 comment:

  1. It is too bad you don't like the mushrooms in S Korea. But we all have our preferences!

    I can remember my mother keeping straight all the kids', spouses', and children's, church family's etc., disliked ingredients: who did or did not eat green pepper, or onion, or olives, or sour cream, or which flavors were the favorites.

    That is a big task for anyone who cooks for large crowds, I think!

    ReplyDelete