Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Coffee and Blossoms

Good morning!  *said with false enthusiasm*  I apologize for the not so awake smile I attempted.  It was the best I could do.  Yes, there is coffee sitting in front of me.  No I haven't had any yet.  It's too hot and would scald my mouth if I tried.  Just not a morning person.

Anyrate, wanted to write up another blog and say hi.  It was such a sad weekend.  It rained and all the cherry blossoms in Daegu fell off in the storm.  There went my photo opportunities I had planned for Saturday afternoon.  Now notice that I said in Daegu.  Here is where I am evilly happy at the misfortune of others.  You see, the school still has it's cherry blossoms.  That's right!  It pays to be in a slightly cooler place.  Ours started blooming a day or two later, so were strong enough to not fall off the tree in the storm.

So while all the other Koreans who are not attending this school cry over not being able to enjoy cherry blossoms anymore this year, I am gleefully (and sleepy) thinking to myself, "mwuahahahaha."  Okay, not quite to that extent.  My humor is off this morning too.  I apologize.

Anyrate, not much else happening around here beyond the sadness at the loss of the flowers.  The students even forgot about their homework in their excitement to see, then disappointment in not seeing, the cherry blossoms this weekend.  Thank you rain storm.  The one time I don't want rain, how rare is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment