Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

War

So I decided to get your heart rate up with a scary title with no context... other than your fears.

You can calm down now.  North Korea is still just sitting there planting in their fields.

Actually, this time the title refers to the English Boys' Dorm and the class I taught tonight.  Unlike Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday when I just have one grade level... tonight is Thursday and I had them all.  So I needed to think of something fun to do that would keep them engaged.  Beyond holding candy up as a prize for... something.  I could think of little else.

In the end we played two games.  The first showed me just how expansive their vocabulary is.  So we quit that one as no one was losing.  Then we played a version of rock, paper, scissors.  Only camp style.... and called Bear, Hunter, Woman.  I found that having just one winner was a really bad idea.  I got mobbed by the boys all wanting candy.  I stayed firm and then the word "flee" came to mind.  I made my escape.

On a side note, next door in the girls dorm, Janelle was playing a game known as MASH.  Basically you create lists, pick a number, and eventually have a funny version of your life.  For how you die, almost everyone had nukes.  Janelle (who is sitting beside me looking at my art) just laughing told me, that none of my students ended up (in this game... cuz it is only a game...) dying of a nuke.  So in light of recent, and useless, threats I thought that was amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment