Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

South Korea doesn't celebrate the holiday like we do.  They had Parent's Day last week.  I just want to give a shout out to all the lovely people who have fulfilled the roles that mother's have in my life ^_^

I want to say Happy Mother's Day to Connie, my mom who has raised me.  I remember numerous times when I was sick for one reason or another when she would try to comfort me even though she was tired.  The night before my first root canal when my mouth hurt so much, she rocked me back and forth to distract me from the pain.  When I got my wisdom teeth taken out and was crying for fear of the pain that would come when the medicine wore off, how she kept wiping away my tears and encouraging me that all would be well.  When I sliced my knee open out on a running track and freaked out upon learning I needed stitches, she calmed me down and pointed out why the cut was more interesting than scary... and the cute guy at the hospital :)  When I was scared, Connie was always there.  Thank you mom.

I want to say Happy Mother's Day to Linda, my step-mom who has been a constant source of encouragement since we met when I was in college.  So many times I became frustrated with how people acted or with my own failures.  She would offer advice and encouragement willing me to not give up.  That I could do it and make something of myself.  I remember the first time we met, I was so shy until I saw my dad and her.  I bounced straight into their arms and even though she really didn't know me, she accepted me.  Has always been accepting and that means so much to me.  Thank you mom.

I want to say Happy Mother's Day to Debbie, my second mother who helped me get through those frustrating high school years and college.  I don't know how you put up with me!  Yet you always were there with hugs, a shoulder to cry on, and promises that it would all get better.  You reminded me that God was there giving me the strength I otherwise didn't have.  Summer camp was a blast too, making Sabbath that much more special when you came.  Thank you my second mom :)

I want to say Happy Mother's Day to my Grandma, Juanita.  I don't know what I would have done without you.  When I was a little girl, you made the world an okay place.  Things made sense.  Even when I was certain it shouldn't.  Like when the baby lamb died for the first time for me.  That was something that wasn't supposed to happen but it did and you explained to me why.  Or you patiently taught me which green things were weeds and which green things most definitely weren't and I would spend the later afternoons with you playing in the flowerbeds.  Or our few summers watching the reality TV Survivor together.  Or how you always could beat the contestants at guessing the answers to Wheel of Fortune.  That wasn't all.  You found ways to make cleaning house seem like a game.  Taught me how to cook, how to piece quilts, how to fiddle with the piano.  Whenever I had a problem, you had good and reliable advice.  Whenever I needed to vent, you had a listening ear.  Whenever I messed up, you didn't judge me but accepted that I had and helped me to surpass that weakness.  Even though at potluck you made most of the food, you gave me the credit and like the little kid I was I proudly nodded my head.  We played board games when I was younger and visited with family when I was older.  You have been an inspiration and I truly hope to mirror you more and more for, Grandma, you have that beautiful spirit I believe Jesus wants His followers to cultivate.  Thank you Grandma *hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment