Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Save A Life

A random story for you.  Today I have spent the whole day watching the live streaming for a news station in Oklahoma as well as going through all the pictures and footage I could.  Just keeping up to date you know.  It was heartrending and though I know I could do little beyond help staff a recovery area or supply area... I felt like I should be back home and volunteering somehow.  It drove me crazy to be here safe and sound from any possibility of a tornado while people back in the states obviously needed assistance.

At lunch as I walked down the sidewalk, my feelings must have seeped into my face.  Because several boys said hi and kept looking at me with those concerned looks.

Then after my last class, I was walking up the stairs towards where my office is when a freshman boy stopped me.  He said, "Good job teacher."  I looked at him curiously and asked why.  He said, "Teacher, you saved one person's life.  Good job."

That had to be the most encouraging thing anyone has said to me at this school.

I have no idea what I did or why he said that, but evidently I did something or represent something worthwhile to him and for that I am honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment