Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Awesome Students

I might not have internet in my apartment anymore, but I do have my laptop and a USB drive.  So I am typing this out tonight and will post it in the morning.  Because the thoughts and feelings I have now inspire writing the most compared to mornings and just trying to look coherent until I am more awake.

Having the time this evening, I started a new anime that is sitting on my desktop.  It is short and so when I finish the TV series, I can delete it and have more hard drive space for pictures or something.  Got to episode 5 and this episode put me into a melancholy mood that should not have lasted.  It dealt with home and being where the people are that are family to you.  Since I am so lonely, it hit home easily.

Then at the end of the TV episode, two guys were acting like they normally do (basically awkward) and is meant to cause the viewer of the show to laugh and smile again.  It reminded me of my students.

I have randomly throughout the day had some girls wish me a good day or some boys walk up to me and say hi.  It always brings a smile to my face and I love my students all the more, even though I didn't think it possible.

There are in particular the English Dormitory boys.  I'm thankful sometimes for Koreans extra observational powers.  The boys in the dorm have a way of pulling me out of a bad mood.  Last night, I had gone over and taught the freshmen a card game I enjoy called Red Devil.  Why it has that name baffles me, but is about strategy and speed.  I can win despite being at a disadvantage of having no one on my team.

Anyrate, some other boys saw me and looked startled, then shrieked and screamed like girls.  You see, when I first started going over there, they weren't very mindful that visitors might come in and came out of the showers not as covered as I would have preferred.  So it evidently has become a joke.  They did so last night even though they were decent just for fun.  I was startled but realized their joke and laughed with them.

Today in class, I warned them I was coming over again to hang out with the sophomores.  Instantly, one of my sophomores did his dramatic shriek.  It brought an instant laugh.

So when I finished my TV episode, I thought about how I have to go to the dorm tonight.  The first thing I imagined was the welcome I would get when I walked through the doors.  Exaggerated scream and wide eyes of shock... followed by laughter.  It instantly made me laugh, pulled me out of my melancholy mood, and placed me in a more positive frame of mind.

As much as I might miss my dear family and friends, I am not alone.  God gave me wonderful students and placed coworkers in my life to help me while I am here gaining skills and experience.  Everything is fine :)

Song lyrics of a song I am listening to is this:

"All this time, spent in vain, wasted years, wasted gain, all is lost, hope remains, and this war is not over... there is a Light, there is a Son, taking over shattered ones, to the place where we belong, and His love will conquer all... and His love will conquer all."

It doesn't matter what happens, God is taking care of me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment