Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, July 5, 2013

Rain, Rain, and More Rain

It has been raining a lot in the last few days.  I had wanted so badly for all the rain in the US to come my way.  Looking outside, it would appear that this is the case.  Keith suggested that monsoon season is finally starting.  Whatever the reason, I haven't been walking in a week.  Suddenly the stairs to my classroom are a lot harder to traverse.  I'm drifting out of shape so quickly, losing my two months of work.

Still, I like the rain.  It is soothing and allows me to not have to use the AC in my apartment.  If I can help my school save money, I want to try.  Wish it wasn't so humid though.

Yesterday we didn't get to use the grill because of the weather.  So we used a skillet in my apartment instead.  Everyone enjoyed the food and we sent the leftovers home with Geoffrey since his wife and daughter didn't come.  Then it stopped raining long enough to shoot the fireworks.  Was a pleasant experience.

However everyone was too full to eat the dessert I made.  So now I have homemade ice cream and stained-glass cookies sitting in my freezer.  Will have to find someone to eat them ;)

We were going to go to a cafe this afternoon.  With Geoffrey's daughter still sick though, his wife asked that we meet at her place.  Consequently she wants us to help eat that food we sent over.  I might have made a wee bit too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment