Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dorm Visit

Well I decided that I had to write another entry tonight to post in the morning.  It is simply too wonderful not to.

As I mentioned before, I was in a melancholy mood.  Knowing the joy that my students can bring, I eagerly gathered my decks of cards and headed to the dorm.  I was not disappointed.  One of the freshmen met me at the door and offered me chips.  I kindly declined, explaining that it was so hot out that if I ate, I would surely become sick.

This was not a lie.  It is pretty warm out.  In consideration for the school and the electric bill that they pay for me for my apartment, I had turned off my AC before I left.  Now despite it being hours later, my apartment is still not completely cool.  I've even turned on a fan to no avail.  I simply can't seem to bring my core temperature down.

This is an eternal problem.  In summer, I can't seem to get cool and stay cool.  In winter, once cold, I am frozen forever more.  Though I am trying to control this discomfort, I can only do so much.
Back to my story though.  I went on it and called out to the sophomores that I had arrived.  Being the end of the semester, it was no surprise how cluttered and unkept the dorm had become.  We cleared the table of scattered items and sat down to play.

Bless the freshman students, they brought in cool water for us to drink.  It was very kind of them and definitely not the first time my boys have looked after me.  Once last winter, when they were wolfing down ramen, one boy found chocolate for me to eat since I was hesitant to eat out of the communal bowl.  Us foreigners are known for being afraid of germs.

It was also fun to see that they looked after each other despite giving others a hard time.  It is true that joking can easily and accidentally lead to bullying and hurt feelings.  However I think tonight everything was in jest and saw no reason to be alarmed.

That was all I really wanted to say.  Afterwards I left and stopped by the girls English dorm for worship.  Their singing might not be as energetic as the boys, but it is always friendly and welcoming.  They were happy for me to join them and I was blessed by their presence as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment