Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Morning Mishap

I had just finished breakfast in the cafe (amen for tofu!) and was walking down the street to my school building.  The elder was outside directing traffic.  The youth pastor was standing beside him with a flat cart.  Victoria, a female teacher who had broken her ankle (but doesn't use crutches because Koreans say it is too much work) was standing there.  The youth pastor talked her into standing on the flat cart and letting him pull her closer to the school buildings.  

They started along with a group of middle school girls and myself trailing them.  The youth pastor, sweet James, accidentally tilted the cart forward.  The front edge caught on the street and Victoria flew off.  In order to not fall down, her broken foot took her full body weight.  She immediately started hopping to the sidewalk and stone wall.  Needless to say she was in pain and was kindly not going to let James forget it.

As she started hopping down the street, I quickly slipped to her side to help support her.  Also, thanks to previous experience, I started talking to encourage her how close she was to her destination.  I figured it was more or less listening to me talk than anything I actually said that helped her.  Her English is good.  When we managed the stairs and finally she got to her office, she turned to scold James playfully as only a Korean can one last time, thanked me, and went inside with a dramatic air of one who is frustrated and knowingly has an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment