Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cherry Blossoms (37 pictures)

Went after church with Michael from Daegu University, Valentina from my school, and Jaywa also from my school to Kyung Ju (or any other variety of spellings) for the cherry blossoms.  Next week they will be in full bloom but today there were plenty opening up already and they were gorgeous to see.  An hour north of here and closer to the ocean, we found parking and walked around the ancient tombs of royalty before touring under the blossoming trees.  It was a delightful experience and I definitely got my exercise in for the day.  Might return next Saturday when they are in full bloom.

These are the cherry blossoms we went to see. 

Valentine doing her signature handstand in front of a small tomb.

I climbed a tree.... and leaned around for a picture.

The sign in front of the largest tomb... the hill was so large I didn't get a whole picture of it.

Michael Powell and JayWa.

The two tombs in the background are small... the one closest and not fully seen is the largest.

Flags can be seen past the buildings' traditional roofs.






Kids pretending to fight with swords... they planned what they were going to do when they saw me watching.

Being reflective among God's beautiful flowers.

Hanging out.

Michael picture bombing Valentina's handstand with Psy's horse dance.



Michael jumping into the air and looking like he is floating there.


Another Michael air jump.  It wasn't looking as cool as it was in person...

Had JayWa jump, see how high he can go?




Michael cheated and used a tree, hahaha... the Koreans behind the Korean taking the picture for us were laughing.




He pulled a muscle doing this one.  However he put his all into the jump, see his determination on his face?


Yes, we are taking pictures of each other ^_^


The trees are only starting to bloom.  Next weekend will be better I am told.




No comments:

Post a Comment