Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hate and War

In Korea, I have gotten a really good look at how Koreans view others from outside their culture.  Last night in the boys English dorm, I even asked them their views on North Korea and Japan.  Knowing their dislike for those groups as well as the Chinese and other countries, I was surprised when one of the students said he would want to move to North Korea and be a nuclear scientist for them.

I asked why and he explained that then he would get a chance to create and send a nuke to Japan.  This led to the question of is it okay to hate others for crimes committed many years ago by people who mostly aren't even alive anymore.  He said yes, then explained that they never apologized or made payments for all the suffering and death they brought to Korea.  So it wasn't their life as much as an apology that they wanted.

Americans are very much the same way.  We cling to the things people do wrong, justified or not, and bash them constantly.  Christians do this to.  It is okay to say bad things about groups or politicians because it is for the cause of right... right?  Not really.

I am including a link to a powerful article that I read.  It really blew me away with it's logical sense.  I suggest, whether you think it applies to you or not, that you read it.  Expanding your world view is a good thing.

http://religiousliberty.tv/love-your-enemies-except-those-slimy-politicians.html

No comments:

Post a Comment