Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, March 8, 2013

idioms

Some of the idioms I taught in class were common.  Having the students guess their meanings before going over them was amusing.  Here are a few of my favorites.

1. "at the eleventh hour" = almost too late

Student's Answer: study time


2. "be a piece of cake" = very easy

Student's Answer: too little food


3. "be all ears" = eager to listen

Student's Answer: a lot of people are listening


4. "be broke" = out of money

Student's Answer: a couple that has broken up


5. "call it a day" = stopping an activity or leaving for the day

Student's Answer: D-Day


6. "drop someone a line" = write to someone

Student's Answer: draw a line for someone

No comments:

Post a Comment