Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Morning

Went to breakfast in the cafe and stared forlonely at my options. So at the end of the line when I took two bread rolls instead of one, it is considered a delicacy so I hoped no one would mind. Sat down and the Korean high school teacher looked at my tray, then went and got me another roll saying, "From now on, they will get you food." A little while later another cook brought two more rolls over. Man alive did I eat good :)

Made up a seating chart for a certain class that I will be teaching today. Also talked with Keith and practiced something that I am going to have to do in the class. Going to have to go tough on them....

(After the before mentioned class.)

Lilly and I were caught off guard last time we taught the Sophomore Conversation class. This time we came prepared. I had a seating chart and we made them sit where I wanted them. This helped control the class environment a lot better. Then I put them into group activities right away and kept pushing them to complete them. Then we started going through the answers together with me providing sentence examples of how the idioms worked. The bell rang during the last example. I made them sit back down while I finished. Then Lilly made them sit back down, had Leonardo call the other students to attention, and then the class bowed while saying "Thank You." After several bad starts and kicking incoming students out, they sort of got it. Yay for keeping a semi learnable environment with the most unruly Sophomore class! (I had them last year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment