Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Orphans and Santa

Went to town today to finish buying the gifts for the gift bags for orphans that I had been given charge of.  Walked into e-mart and past another foreigner.  Like a good expat, I duly didn't talk to him.  Actually, that is more of a habit now instead of purposefully ignoring them.  He was an older gentleman.  At one time his hair most likely was a light brown.  But at that moment, dressed in everyday clothes and glancing at me with a twinkle in his eye and gentle smile on his face... I was sure I was looking at Santa.  The white hair and beard couldn't have been fake.

Needless to say, I felt a rush of happiness and a feeling of being home.  I couldn't help it.  After I walked past and into another aisle, I realized I really wanted to see him again.  So I looked for him.  But Santa was nowhere to be found.  I was sad about that, but then I remembered the smile he had given me and I felt all warm inside again.  Who said Santa was just for kids.  When you are far from home, he is for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment