Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Plane Tickets

Well it is official.  Three days ago I bought tickets online for between the states.  So with the school's tickets to and from the USA, I have the main part of my trip complete.  Took a bit of doing though.  Still, glad it is done :D  Now friends and family can work their schedules so that they can see me.  It has been a long year for some, and an even longer two years for others.

The school heater is fixed so I am once again working in a heated environment.  Makes a huge difference.  With so many late nights recently, I had not kept up with house chores.  Pleasantly happy that the laundry is caught up.  A student of mine likes to hang out sometimes and it is her influence that helped make that possible.

Speaking of that student, she is a Buddhist who takes her religion seriously.  Not just the praying part but also how you live your life.  She is hard working and her English has improved greatly.  She translates for me at chapel, vespers, and church.  Once a month, we go out on the weekend to town to hang out.  So her chances to learn English through conversation is making a difference.  This last weekend, she brought her notes along and I quizzed her for my final.  She passed with not a single mistake... as did over half the class.  Lol.

Anyrate, she showed me some of her breathing exercises and bows that she does as a Buddhist.  You know, it is more than for peace of mind that she does those.  It is really, really good for health.  By doing them every night, she is more limber than many girls her age.  She can compete with the boys in PE too.  She suggested that since I don't like exercising beyond walking, that I try at least just stretching.  That seemed easy enough and so last night that is what I did.  I simply stretched for 1.5 hours while watching two episodes of Star Trek.  Felt good to just do that instead of sitting like I do at work, home, on the bus, etc.

Okay so last weekend she taught me to stretch, is the inspiration for my clean house... one more thing I didn't say.  She loves Twilight so we went to see Breaking Dawn part 2 in the theater.  It was an amazing movie.  Sorry to those who can't stand it.  Let's just say I like and I'm on Team Jacob :)  Afterwards we went to a newly discovered Mexican place.  It was her first time eating Mexican food and she loved the hot sauce.  Might go there for Christmas.  I need to do something special for Christmas and my brother has made that option an option to consider.  That sentence doesn't sound right does it.  Sorry.  Been in Korea so long that I am starting to sound like my students.  Even a Korean teacher said that I was talking like the students.  My English ability, what little I had, has gone downhill a lot.  I use phrases that most Americans would find awkward simply because it is unusual.

Anyrate, enough of this novel.  Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment