Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Daegu Institute

Went to the SDA church in Daegu today.  It was nice to be able to understand the sermon and sing along.  Sabbath School was a wonderful discussion instead of a lecture where words or put into your mouth.  Was able to talk and share, even if not everyone agreed.  Found out that there are a lot of culture differences in just how one perceives stuff.  But a part of me, after listening to the Koreans' view, wonders if maybe the SDA Church couldn't learn something from Buddhists... maybe keep people from leaving the church if they did.

After Sabbath School was the sermon.  Enjoyed the closing song immensely, as it was the same one my home church sings.  "We Have This Hope."  Almost made me cry.  Almost.  Then we had potluck before the Pathfinder meeting.  Stayed to teach how to tie knots.  Stuff I take for granted was taught to not just the kids but the adults too.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment