Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Plums

Yesterday when I first arrived in town, I stopped by the guy at Sawol that sells vegetables and fruits.  I had bought some potatoes from him when he gave me a gift.  Two small, slightly redish yellow fruits.  I figured they were some form of peach since the peaches here are impeccably small.  Took a bite and a long familiar flavor burst upon my tastebuds.  My eyes opened wide in amazement and pleasure.  It was a plum!  I haven't had one of these sweet and juicy treats in a long time.  When I lived in Colville, Washington there were two plum trees in our backyard that we enjoyed immensely.  So I was thrilled that he had such wonderful fruit to buy.   I pulled my wallet back out and bought more from my laughing host.

No comments:

Post a Comment