Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day Excursion

Today was a really good day.  If you take out anything and everything negative, what is left is something amazing.  Janelle and I went to my massage person for Swedish massages.  When it was my turn, she asked if there was anything I wanted worked on specifically.  I told her about grading and finishing up paperwork and how my neck was all out of sorts.  Then I remembered all those foot pains I have been having whenever I try to walk long distance.  She fixed me.  I walked a long ways today without limping or pain in either of my feet!

Afterwards a serious of unhappy events occurred but that isn't important.

Finally I got on the bus to head back home... (more thoughts on that later)...

Stopped at Coffee Tree, a quaint little cafe with a corral in the back.  The horse is a Jeju horse so it is rather small.  I can't ride it since I am not 75 kg or less.  However I did get to enjoy some horse love.  Ordered an ice peach tea to go and then started walking.  Walked to Jain and cut across on one of the front roads so I could stop at a store.  Passed a wooded area that brought back good memories and feelings of Broken Arrow Ranch the youth camp I worked at.  Passed a machine shop for tractors that had strong smells which took me back to my grandparents' farm.  Walking down that street reminded me of my hometown.  Walking into the small grocery store was oddly familiar, like I was back stateside.

I'm oddly more comfortable here.  Though I was comfortable getting around to where I needed to for shopping and whatever other reasons arose, there was always a sense of not belonging.  Now I am even more comfortable, to the point where my apartment feels a little bit like home, my coworkers a little bit like family, my school a little bit like my school, and this large area like my city.

It doesn't change that I am moving back to the states in 2014 during the month of August.

However it does show that though you think you are used to a place and comfortable there, you can eventually settle in more.  I've started calling my apartment home, something I used to not do.  I would try, then discard the notion.  Now it is not so bad.  Heck, I'm finding more and more food I can eat.  That right there makes things good.

No comments:

Post a Comment