Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kimchi

So the menu for the cafe hasn't been posted online for this month yet.  A shame as this is week two of June.  

I went to breakfast and saw the food was rice, mushrooms, seaweed soup, and spicy patties.  *sigh*  So I took some kimchi, just the smallest amount of soup, and rice.  It would have been rude to the cafe workers to leave once I was there.  It would have worried them if I had only taken rice.  Sitting down, I washed off the red spicy sauce from the kimchi in my soup.  Then with rice as a buffer, started eating the kimchi.  Found it manageable with the rice.  It wasn't terribly spicy.

Yesterday at supper, I got some more kimchi and repeated what I had done at breakfast.  Found that surprisingly the taste didn't bother me and I liked the crunch of the thicker cabbage.

Today at breakfast, I curiously took more kimchi.  After almost two years, I can say I kind of enjoyed it.  The fun part was admitting it.  Told Teacher Geoffrey and he said dramatically (think of the Mushu from the movie Mulan), "My little girl is all grown up!"

Yeah, will keep eating it.  Heard the more you eat it, the more you adjust to it and start to like it.  However, I don't want to eat enough to miss it.  I heard expats miss kimchi and rice when they leave Korea if they had gotten used to eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment