Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Monday, June 3, 2013

Death - Updated

You know there is one thing that no one ever gets used to.  Someone dying.  A high school freshman that I have in one of my classes has died.  I don't know the circumstances, just that she won't be in class.  This happened once before.  Last year I had a student who was on vacation and drowned while trying to save someone.  I honestly have no idea what to do when I walk into that class tomorrow.  Just that it won't be easy.

*****

Since then I have learned more of what happened.  On Sunday, she jumped from an apartment building near Teacher Geoffrey's place.  One of Geoffrey's middle school students found her and his mom called it in.  The teachers are trying to tell everyone it was an accident (why fan death is actually believed here) to save face for the family.  Only the family, close friends, and police know the true.  Them and students who are friends of those who know the truth.  Reporters have been coming to our school to try to get a story about Jenny being a bully or being bullied, neither of which is true.  The school has locked the gates and personally checks each vehicle to ensure no reporters get in.

A teacher asked me if I had seen anything in class the Thursday before.  If I had noticed something wrong.  I thought back to that class.  The class where I told my students that those who had not turned anything in for the last two assignments were failing my class.  That my class was not optional.  I remember seeing the four girls sitting there, eyes turned down and quiet.  I figured that they were tired like I was.  That the message had hit home and we all just needed the weekend at this point.  Now there are only three girls there, and the responsibilities of a teacher growing more heavy.  The price of failure as a teacher is too high.  If anyone knows of another job with fewer people in it, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment