Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Eye Examination

Went to town today to get my eyes examined.  I was really hoping to finally be able to have contacts.  However, after examining my eye the doctor said that I had really dry eyes.  They needed more ventilation and breathing room than most normal peoples eyes.  He expressed concern that my eyesight would get worse if I was to start wearing contacts.  I didn't like the idea of eye sight getting worse, so I agreed not to buy them.

Eye Examination cost was 6,500 won.  That is roughly $6 in America.  I was only there for like 5 to 10 minutes.

Then I went ahead and bought a pair a new glasses.  My old ones have been through a lot.  I've fallen asleep on them, dropped them, and took them flying when I was repeatedly bucked off a horse.  Thank you Jasper (guilty horse.)  New pair was 55,000 won which is roughly $50-$53.  I was only there 15 minutes.

Koreans like big glasses.  So I honestly bought a small size.  You may not believe me when you see them, but it is true.  There was a pair smaller than them, but I looked horrible in them.  I think I look okay, just not the fashion nor element of beauty Americans favor.

Trivia:  The emergency lights can be used for more situations here than emergencies.  It is a way to say thank you and I';m sorry as well.

Trivia:  I have adjusted to Korean traffic.  I see their mode of travel now to be more practical than ours.  It is like comparing modern teenagers with Pharisees on the regard of food.

2 comments:

  1. Can you elaborate a comparison of modern teenagers and Pharisees regarding food? Please explain! Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I will try.

    Pharisees wouldn't come in five feet of some foods, wouldn't eat many foods without following rituals, and made life hard on everyone around them with their own self-righteousness. Pharisees were legalistic.

    Teenagers today are starting to think for themselves and be less pressured by their peers. Well, my generation is that way at anyrate. We find out for ourselves what we want to and why. If we don't, we have our own reasons for it instead of "because I told you so." We are logical.

    Americans follow (in theory) the rules of the road.

    Koreans won't sit at an empty intersection for a red light, they stop and then go on through. If there is a space in traffic to slip into and turn right even though the light is still red, they do that too. They are practical.

    Americans get into many accidents every year.

    Koreans, very few accidents in comparison.

    Korean driving might scare Americans, but they are safer and more alert in the end.

    ReplyDelete