Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Koreans and Snow

There is a culture for this society and snow.  Get rid of it at all costs where possible, ignore it if not.

I went to town today to meet up with someone I was buying some things from.  I also had to transfer money to the US so I could pay bills.

It snowed last night.  So I walked to Namsan in the inch of snow.  Stood at the bus stop wishing it was warmer. Then surprise of surprises, five minutes upon getting there a bus showed up.  I didn't have to wait 50 minutes.  Yay!  I told the driver Jain.  He doesn't usually stop there, but it is on the way to Gyeongsan.  We pulled into the bus stop of the bus system I normally ride and there was bus 990 just about to pull out.  I hopped off and ran to the side of 990 and point at the door.  The man who directs the buses and tells the passengers where the bus is headed stopped the bus and I got on.  So no wait time there either.  Went to Sinmae and got off.

I left at 7:45, was on a bus at 8am, arrived at my destination by 9am.  And I told my contact I would be there at 10am.  Oh dear.  Nothing was opened.  E Mart was closed,  Baskin Robbins was close, Daiso was closed, my favorite sidewalk stand wasn't even set up yet.  The only people about were those with brooms and two inch wide chisels working to clear the sidewalks outside their stores.  *sigh*

So I did what any sane person would have done, not.  I started walking.  I walked to Sawol and back in 40 minutes.  Good exercise.  However may I remind you it is very frigid outside.  However all was well and I was back at the school by 11am.  Another surprise.  Then lunch was amazing.  Did I say I don't like rice anymore?  I lied.  The curry was so yummy.  They also had fruit salad and bread filled with bean paste in the shape of fish.  Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you still like rice! I have some treats in store for you to eat when I see you again! (ornery grin - haha) Glad you trip went so smoothly for you. So, does Baskin Robbins have rice in their ice cream? I will have to share my favorite ice cream with you when you come my way.

    ReplyDelete