Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Smell

Many Koreans are said to not have the glands that would require them to wear deodorant.  Others say that the glands are smaller or cause a lot less odor.  Whatever the case, most Koreans just don't wear deodorant.

I have noticed a funny smell in the hallways after a crowd of students have been there.  This same smell is in taxi cabs at the end of the day.  Last weekend while hiking, I noticed that almost ever Korean we passed had this same heavy aroma coming off of them.  It is a universal smell... and not one I find attractive.

Koreans really should wear deodorant and work to maintain their hygiene a bit more.  I am normally unable to smell subtle aromas due to a serious sinus infection I experienced junior year of high school.  So for me to detect it means that it is not subtle.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!

    Puts a whole new meaning of thinking of a gym locker room, or when kids come in the house after playing hard outside and pull their shoes and socks off. :)

    ReplyDelete