Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rain and Yellow-something

It has been raining here for two days or so.  It is forecasted to rain until the weekend.  I don't mind as I find it very pleasant.  It brought with it cool, fresh air.  Then today between some of the drizzle bursts, as the road got semi dry, I noticed something.

You know how in winter, you put stuff on the roads to help avoid or remove ice.  As the ground dries out, it leaves behind a white residue.  Same thing is happening here, only it is yellow.  The rain cleansed the air of the yellow dust that had been barely visible.  I'm happy about that.

1 comment:

  1. Mom - Connie VealMay 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM

    Now you can imagine the relief that folks with severe allergies feel after a refreshing rain.

    Dad and I, neither one, had ever heard of the yellow dust clouds or just plain yellow skies with the dust from China once winter ends there in S Korea. I am glad you are supposed to wear a face mask when walking outdoors to go between the apartment and the classrooms and cafeteria. I hope you do take that seriously. Don't want to find out someday that you have "Yellow Lung Disease" (naming the condition by description since I don't know if there already is something like that out there) or something that it may create like that.
    Stay healthy and enjoy the beauty of the seasons!

    ReplyDelete