Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tenacity

Today one of the teachers asked me a question about the movie we were all going to watch tonight in front of students.  Those students have been hassling me ever since.  They surrounded me at church asking me repeatedly to buy them chicken and to let them watch a movie too.  They bugged me after church.  They tracked down my phone number and texted me.  They found me outside and asked some more.  I kept repeating no.

They finally figured out a way around it.  They borrowed a USB device and hunted around until they found someone with movies that could be put on it.  In this culture it is not considered rude to keep asking.  With them happy, those of us teachers who wanted got together tonight and set up a movie in a classroom.  Someone pulled out his DVD collection and we watched Blood Diamond.  Historians out there, you would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment