Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

U-Turns and Taxis

Teacher Emma, who was one of my Korean assistants last year, gave me a ride into town today.  We usually meet once a week for supper and to play Monopoly Deal.  When she was done tutoring for the day, she gave me a lift to Gyeongsan.  From there I caught the subway to downtown Daegu.

On the way there, we were driving down a rather wide multi-lane road with no medium dividing it.  It was marvelously clear of traffic and I was rather enjoying the ride.  Ahead of us on the road, a green bus (such as I normally ride) did a perfect u-turn.  Never saw the like in my life, and am glad I was not on board.  Wonder why it turned around?

Coming back, I got a taxi in Jain as is my custom on returning to school.  Had to wait in the taxi office for one to show up.  Finally one pulled up and honked.  I gladly ran out there and headed for the car.  I told him, SahmYook, as he had rolled down the window when I approached.  Usually I need not say anything.  They all know me well.  The fellow in the taxi office followed me out and said something about Namsan as I was getting in.  As I was getting in, I noticed the light on top said Gyeongsan on it.  This wasn't one of the local taxi's and the driver didn't know exactly where SahmYook is located.  The fellow in the office kindly provided directions so that I would not have much trouble.  It feels like the gentlemen of that particular taxi station keep an eye out for me at times.  Am thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment