Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Time to Say No

I had tutored for a month.  I wasn't even halfway through when I realized I had hit my limits on extra work.  So when this month came, I regretfully told them I was unable to keep tutoring.  It was more than for health reasons.  It is, evidently, illegal for me to be tutoring those kids.  My contract with the school says I will not work anywhere else.  If the school had arranged the tutoring, it would have been okay to accept.  They hadn't though so it was a good thing to back out of.

2 comments:

  1. Mom - Connie VealMay 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM

    I am glad you got some of the experience in. However, you must maintain good health in order to continue to be of service as an educator. Your school year started off, already, more burdensome and heavily loaded with more classes and duties. I think you made a wise choice. Out of curiosity, how did you come to the point of realization that it was not lawful for you to tutor beyond your given duties?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone else who found out here that I was tutoring, all the English teachers, other foreigners, and some Koreans, told me that it was illegal because my contract was drawn up a certain way.

    ReplyDelete