Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, November 9, 2012

GEC

So I went to an English Club held at a cafe for the first time.  Been meaning to for quite awhile.  I am glad I went.  There were people there from Pakistan, Uzbekistan, Poland, Mexico, and 8 from the USA.  Over 30 were there altogether.  Mostly Koreans.  However the purpose is to practice learning and speaking English.  3 of the Americans were from Omaha, Nebraska which I found pretty nifty since I graduated from a college in the next city over.

Didn't stay the whole time.  It goes officially from 7:30 to 9:30 with a ten minute break in the middle.  I opted out during breaktime since getting back to campus gets very interesting the later at night it becomes.  Had jasmine tea there which was a nice change from the lattes I had enjoyed at Starbucks early.  Can't tell you how hyper I am now.  If you know what "Korean Happy Feet" are, then I assure you I am a native at it at the moment.

Will plan on spending every Friday there that I can from here on out.  One of the older Americans who plays the guitar and sings shows up around 5-5:30pm to enjoy his music.  I plan to get there around the same time so I can listen.  He is really good despite his modest assurances that he is not.  My 3rd grade middle school student, who is trying to get into a high school in Japan that focuses on graphics and anime, is the one who introduced me to this place.  I know one of the members as she is an elementary teacher in my little town of Namsan.  Quite cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment