Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesday... Surprise!

Today has been a most unusual day.  I struggled out of bed this morning, tired from staying out late in Daegu the night before.  A soldier and a professor and I met up in town for supper and to just hang out.  When the professor dropped me off at campus after 11pm (I go to bed by 10pm if I can), a high school student was walking past.  She started giggling nervously, trying to find the English words to ask if I had been on a date.  I told her no, that a group of us had gotten dinner in Daegu.  That made her hungry, which I immediately gave her some of the chocolate I had on me.  She was so thankful.

So getting to school, I thought to myself about how Wednesdays are my worst day and here I am tired too.  That didn't last long.  I learned that all my afternoon classes were canceled.  So my only responsibility after lunch was the 9pm dorm class and worship.  I can handle that.  Then I got a parcel from Seoul.  A friend up there sent a game called Global Pursuit by National Geographic.  Then I got another parcel from Kansas.  A friend had sent me the three things she remembered me missing: Spiced Apple Cider Mix, Reese's Big Cup, and the much wanted Butterscotch pudding mix.  Then I got ANOTHER parcel from California.  A friend there sent me Christian music, Christmas music, and some other things he felt would be cheery and would pick me up for the holiday season.  He was right.

So now that I am feeling completely loved and happy, I remember a promise that God made sure was written down for us.  He would never leave nor forsake us.  Also He would bless us.  He has taken care of me my entire life, and when I need Him most, He is right there showing His love.  I saw Him today through those around me and through caring friends back in the states.  I have an amazing God.  I want to be a better person because it is the only way I can think of to honor Him who Loves me so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment