Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Strike

So evidently all the bus drivers are going on strike in exactly 2 hours and 2 minutes.  Had to go look it up when my students told me at the dorm class tonight.

The government is evidently trying to call taxis public transportation which means they will get tax benefits, privileges (like driving in bus lanes), and funding.  The limited funds that bus drivers get right now would be split with the taxi drivers.  The bus drivers are worried about increased accidents (taxis are known for their crazy maneuvers), raised prices of public transportation, and cut benefits for themselves.  With over 45,000 buses no longer in service, tomorrow is going to be horrid.

This weekend is a closed weekend.  So we will have a lot of students having increased difficulty in going home.  Not good.  They need that time with their family, even if they are studying and going to study rooms or academies while home.

My own plans are now looking like they are canceled.  I had planned to go to an English club at a cafe Friday night.  A book club Saturday afternoon.  If the payment that the teacher, who doesn't like foreigners, withheld was in the bank by the weekend, then I was going to go celebrate Thanksgiving on Sunday.

Here is the article that sums this all up clearly.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific_business/view/1238628/1/.html

No comments:

Post a Comment