Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Internet and Stress

First off, excellent news.  The ethernet cord in my apartment has been fixed.  So I am really happy to tell you this is being written and posted from my humble abode.  Inside I am not quite so proper as I am basically doing mental dancing while screaming "It works!  It works!  It works!"

On another note, I'm very worried about the high school seniors.  They have spent the past year studying for tomorrow.  Come morning, all businesses will be closed until late morning.  All schools, except mine, will be closed.  All buses will have just the high school seniors on them.  The entrance exam for university is here.

In preparation for that, classes ended early today.  The classes I do teach tomorrow are later and end earlier as well.  It is something that is observed with religious fervor.  The value of education is very high in South Korea.

Koreans, by the way, do not like how the United States has the electoral college.  They themselves have direct voting.  So to see the USA having presidents who did not gain the popular vote is unnerving for them.  I can understand their confusion and disbelief.  Direct seems simpler in the end.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have your internet back! As a fellow history major I agree...it is time for direct voting...this way the President is truly elected by the people.

    ReplyDelete