Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nov 15th - Thursday

Students lining up by grade and homeroom for their entry onto the field.

The parade.

Lining up as they enter the field.

A relay race... the blue outfits won.


From left to right: Lucy, Mindy, Larissa

From left to right: Mindy, Larissa, Sung Hyeong Kim.
The sign he was carrying around says Sung Religion.
He is so popular with his students that he has a following.
This was meant to be funny in relation to that.
Yes, he is the "he" I keep mentioning facebook.

Our lovely field and main school building.
The third floor, two windows on the left, is where the Globish Center is.
Behind the left side of the building is a second building two floors tall.
The second building is where Shakespeare Classroom is.
Red International students are in the Globish Center.
Blue International students are in the Shakespeare Classroom.
All of my International classes are Team Blue.

Three-legged race.
Frisbees are in the background.
Basketball is to the right and out of sight of this picture.
Jump roping is to the left and out of sight of this picture.

Lanterns.

They were beautiful.  Sang with each having different parts.

Master of Ceremonies and Hostess... the titles Charles and I gave them.

She sang a traditional Korean song while he played the drum.


This is a stringed instrument.

This is a flute instrument.  She is wearing her school uniform.
It is blue instead of gray because she is in high school instead of middle school.
The red skirt is actually a blanket meant to keep appearances proper.

Our band!  Acoustic guitar, two singers, electric guitar, piano, and drum set.
Today has been one fun-filled day.  It is Sports Day!  So there were no classes.  Students slept in.  They must have because there was hardly anyone at breakfast.  Anyrate, at 8:30am the students did their march with their class onto our brand new track and field.  It was just finished, and the reason Sports Day is a month later (and colder) than last year.  They waved banners and cheered just like they were at the Olympics.  Then they all listened to the national anthem while facing their flag.  They they did calisthenics which all Koreans are born knowing the routine of.  Yes I have pictures and video clips.  Then the events.  There were so many.  Relays, soccer, basketball, dodgeball, frisbee, jumprope, and who knows what else.  The parents brought lots of good food.  I ate to I was stuff and was given a huge bag of oranges (since I like them so much) to take with me.  I spent the afternoon at the Globish Center (red classroom or where the other International students... not my blue students... have classes) working at my desk or rearranging the tables for the festival tomorrow.  I have three stations set up.  We have no school tomorrow either.  In fact, the only thing we do is run our stations for 1.5 hours starting at noon.  I'm not complaining.  There will be other things to do and all, but as far as foreign teacher responsibilities go, there isn't a lot.  Tonight, Charles took me to dinner in town.  Ate at the Lotteria where I enjoyed a chicken burger and fries.  Took a taxi back and discussed the strange American attitudes regarding politics.  For those of us abroad, Americans are down right divided and acting silly for having such an attitude.  Got back to school and enjoyed a concert.  All the neighbors were there, literally.  All the farmers and their families.  All the people from the nearby village.  There were so many.  Our students gave a nice performance including some traditional instruments which the older folks were very fond of.  Now the day is done and I am glancing at the freezer where I still have some ice cream sitting that I haven't eaten yet.  I shouldn't but...

No comments:

Post a Comment