Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Flexible - Best Advice Ever

The best advice I have ever gotten before and since arriving in South Korea was to be flexible.  If you think you are already flexible, then try to be even more flexible.  Otherwise you will find yourself saying jinjja (진짜) more often than not.

In Korea, it is a part of their culture to not make plans or decide something until the day before or the day of.  If they do, then it generally changes several times until that day of the supposed event ends.  For example, getting ready for this coming semester, I knew that they planned to have teachers switch around for the International Sophomore Culture class.  I avoided making lesson plans for that class until I knew what was going to be happening.

A very smart Teacher Willis called in Teacher Oh to let us know the plan this last week.  Good thing to since the school decided to change all of our classes.  We would have found out Monday, the day of class, if it hadn't been for that foresight.  We know that more changes will be made somewhere, but we are hopeful that the big ones are known.  If not, then we will adapt on our feet as need be.  Why?  Because we are Foreign Teachers and are good at what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment