Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Philippines: Wednesday

Wednesday we were up and ready for our first island hopping experience at 10am.  It was a three hour trip out on the open ocean.  We visited Puka Beach where I bought lots of pretty things.  Puka Beach has all the shells and blue rock.  It was gorgeous.  The "sand" there is all shell, and you sink into it so very easily.  The water is just as clear and blue there as ever though.

From there we went to an area called Crocodile.  There weren't actually crocodiles there.  However there was a zone that was just for snorkeling.  I was the first to jump in.  We were all afraid the water was like 5 feet deep and we would jump onto corral.  That wasn't the case.  Once I was in, I saw we were easily 20 feet above the ocean floor.  I told the others to get in already.  We had a lot of fun.

Then we continued on around, returning to our beach from the south.  It was a marvelous trip.  We realized though that perhaps our sunscreen didn't quite work.  Keith didn't use any except on his face.  He was sunburned pretty bad.  We had a quick lunch and then went on our island tour.  We went to their mountain.  It was not a mountain to me.  More like a footstool for my Korean hills and an ant to my Korean mountains.  However it provided a nice view.  I also got to have what looked like an eagle sit on my arm.  That was pretty cool.  It started to rain.  We stopped by Puka beach again and I swam in the rain.  Then we went back to the BBC.

For supper, we got a ride to D'Mall and went to the Hobbit House.  It is a place that is served exclusively by midgets.  The theme was the hobbits and Lord of the Rings.  It was a neat setup.  I was surprised that the first ten pages of the menu were dedicated to their beer selection from around the world.  I ordered tacos and something else which I have forgotten.  It was yummy.  That evening I went and got a Lava Stone Massage and a Head Massage with careful instructions to avoid my sunburned thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment