Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

God's Hand: Paying Forward

Some friends of Teacher Willis were working to downsize to prepare to move from Daegu to Seoul.  Also they are trying to pay off some debts.  I figured I would help them out by getting some stuff from their "garage" sale.  More like facebook sale.  Went through and chose several items.  Then we got to talking and before I knew what happened, things that they were sad about throwing away were instead placed in Mindy's Pile.  I got three big bags full of nifty kitchen things, hair things, clothes, posters for school, a space heater, a big brown pillow that perfectly matches my big brown bear, cleaning supplies, RAIN BOOTS, a cute pink trash can, a small shelf, a single shelf box, and a really nice pink and purple blanket.  So many wonderful things.  I wish I could have paid them more.

In Korea when people move on, they sell what they can at really low prices, and give away the rest.  Foreigners take care of those that they leave behind.  Doing these good deeds for others is paying forward what someone has done for you.  Simple as that.  My apartment could still use a good sized shelf for the kitchen things or cleaning supplies, either one.  However this is good.  My life is good.  I know I am blessed.  God takes care of everyone, it is just a matter of being willing to see that.  It comes down to being your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment