Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Philippines: Tuesday

Tuesday, we slept in a little and had a late breakfast.  I walked back down to the D'Mall and ended up at the beach front where starbucks was at.  I chilled there, enjoying the view, reading my kindle, sipping a caramel frapp without whipped cream.

Then I went for a nice long walk along the beach.  Or tried to.  It was high tide at this point.  Silly me decided to take the beach back instead of the road... and since it was high tide... I ended up walking knee deep in the water.  Wearing jeans for that was a bad idea.

We all went out and got a Greek lunch.  High tide was leaving.  We went sunset sailing on one of their sailboats.  The sailboats are pretty nifty.  You have this long wooden center that is like a foot and a half to two feet wide.  Then there are these small beams that come out and attach to runners.  Those beans have netting on them that you sit on, right above the open ocean.  Sometimes a wave would rise up under you or right in front of you, splashing you and getting you all wet.  We returned soaked but happy.  I learned my sundress was see through when wet and kept the lifejacket on until Willis loaned me his shirt.  I wish I could have sailed everyday.  We got some airtime out on those waves.  The others were a little sea sick but I was fine and loved it.  That night we got our complimentary in-room massage by the BBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment