Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Philippines: Friday

Friday we were really, really worried about Keith.  His legs had been badly sunburned the day before while island hopping.  He could barely walk.  Watching him limp around, I got a foot stool for him to put his legs up on while we waited to go shopping.  He had been to the clinic, but it didn't look like he was doing better.  I decided from then on if we ever did water activities again in the future, to have sunscreen on me to ensure he put it on every half hour.

We went down to Ariel's House beach front and met up with the BBC staff that were off duty but willing to hang out with us.  We went walking along the beach when drums behind us alerted us to a coming parade.  I took that chance to get pictures with police and with people in the parade.  We then made our way on, momentarily taking shelter for 3 minutes when a brief rainstorm came by.

We went past the D'Mall and on.  We learned that everything sold at the D'Mall was actually expensive and was sold for less at a less accessible place called D'Talipapa.  We spent our afternoon there.  On the way back we all split up.  I went back to D'Spa for another aloe massage.  It was dark out when I left.  I stuck with the beach front and worked my way to BBC's Ariel House.  Sitting there enjoying the beach, I hung out with the staff, ate, drank, and relaxed.  The whole day had been relaxing, but I just sat and enjoyed the ocean and it's breezes.  It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment