Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Philippines: Second Day

Monday morning dawned bright and beautiful.  Truly a paradise.  We had breakfast at the BBC.  Our package came with coupons for free breakfasts and drinks.  The night before, supper, had also been free.  Now I tried one of their yummy breakfast items.  French toast with fresh mango slices.  While everyone else really dug in, I discovered I could barely eat my meal much less all the fresh fruit they served.  Being in South Korea had really shrunk my stomach.  Being in a paradise where I could eat any type of food I wanted whenever I wanted, I soon experienced never being hungry.  I lost my appetite simply because I was always eating.  Sadly this led to a gain of 5 kg my the end of our trip.

After breakfast, we met up with a guy who took us to the east side where water activities were taking place.  I hung out at the boat house (it was two big bamboo rafts tied together with a house on top each one... with bamboo matting on the floor) and swam a bit there while the others went jet skiing.  Keith waited too, only without jumping in like I did.  Then we went parasailing.  That was so much fun.  You put on a harness.  They let out the parachute.  You get on the platform on the back of the boat, sit under this metal thing, they hook you to it, then slowly let you into the air.  It was a gentle ride that offered a great view.  I mistook our shadow on the ocean below for a mante ray.  Willis thought that was pretty funny.

We went back for lunch.  We went to the Obama Grill.  A small rain storm was coming in.  High tide was there as well.  Guess who jumped off the steps into the ocean.  Me!  Guess who stood in the trench of a wave for a picture where the water only was at my calves, with a large wave cresting at my head?  ME!  Guess who was soaked haha.  Then it started to rain.  We ate and then headed back to the BBC.

Then the BBC took us for a banana boat ride.  I was worried they would try to flip us, but thankfully they didn't.  It was a lot of fun.  After that we got changed and headed to the D'Mall to find a new place to eat.  Italian!  We each ordered pastas and the girls ordered pizza which they shared.  It was so amazing.  Went back that night for another full body massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment