Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Flexible - A Way of Life

So when I thought I needed to be flexible at the start of this semester, I didn't truly know the full impact such a decision would make.  I had prepared for switching from the blue team to the red team.  I had prepared the students for switching classrooms.  Everything was approved and set in stone.  Flexible moment!  Today was the first day teaching the new classes and new students.  The first class was spent redirecting students around to their proper locations when a student told me my classroom was not the red classroom, but blue.  I explained that because my office is in this classroom, and I am now teaching red, that this was the red classroom.  Nope.  Turns out I am still a blue team teacher and this classroom is indeed blue and I am teaching the same classes as before.  Instead of teachers moving around, the students were mixed up with the smartest students being sent to the blue classroom.  I can't complain.  I like the arrangement.  I just would have liked to have known about it a day before instead of 10 minutes into class.  This is what it means to be flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment