Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Good Evening World

Today is payday!  So after school guess who went to town.  Me!  Got money wired to the states to cover bills.  Went to the immigration office to extend my visa.  Finally stopped by S Dot and picked up some new art supplies.  I'm going to be trying to improve my art now with copics.  I can draw well and all.  However adding some color seems like a good idea.  Originally I thought about using a watercolor/pastel combo.  However that is a messy way to go on the small timeframe I have.  Then I learned of the awesome graphics tablet, but if anything is too expensive then that would definitely be at the top of the list.  Recently I asked how the color was achieved by some artists on Menewsha.  That is where I discovered copics.  Better than inking my drawings, they can have the look of a graphics tablet with the ease of a marker.  So I bought a few to start out with.  They are not cheap to get so will expand slowly.  I have the basics that I was wanting to experiment with first to get the skin tone, hair and basic shirt down.  After that, maybe I will expand from portraits to waist up or full body drawings.  Will have to wait and see.  There is a demand for chibis as well, but since that requires purposefully not being proportional I am uncertain I want to go there.  They are cute though.  Maybe I will do chibis someday with pixel art.

Anyrate, just wanted to touch base.  Town trip.  Weekend here.  Tired.  Oh!  Tomorrow is the start of a new schedule.  I will be teaching 3 government paid classes every Saturday morning from here on out.  The government has given almost 50,000 dollars for a supply budget.  We have to spend every cent and none of it can be returned or unused.  Not sure what happens if it isn't all used, but we were told that we had to spend it all in one semester.  That will be difficult.  The government had paid it law that teachers couldn't be forced to work on Saturday and students couldn't be forced to come to school on Saturday.  Our school is the only one disobeying that law.  The government found out and decided to pay us for our time, give us money to run our Saturday programs, and tell us how to do that.  Simply get students from nearby towns to come too.  Fun fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment