Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Philippines: Saturday

The night before, we learned that a typhoon was coming in and our flight was rescheduled to an earlier time.  So we woke up really early and stumbled down to breakfast.  The BBC staff were really nice as we got ready to leave.  They were always nice, but they were particularly nice to our half awake group.  They served me one more last minute banana peanut butter milk shake.  They had come to know that I loved that above all other drinks.  Probably a reason I gained so much weight.

It started to sprinkle outside.  The BBC has 24 hour security.  ((Every store and property it seems hire security come night time.))  The young, cute security guard came to help us get our luggage.  We got a picture together.  Then we all loaded up in the van and made our way to the docks.  The trip in them was short.  It was sprinkling by now.  We got into a van on the other side to the airport and it was drizzling pretty good.

At the airport, we got through security and sat to wait for our plane.  It was an hour late.  While we waited, I got a foot massage.  We finally boarded our plane.  We had to walk to it through the rain.  The ground was covered in an inch of water and the umbrellas the airport gave us leaked.  We got on board and as I entered, I freaked out momentarily.  The place was filling with what looked like smoke.  It wasn't.  It was moist vapor that helped get rid of human body odor.  We flew to Manilla.

In Manilla, we had 12 hours to kill.  I have a friend who lives somewhere in the Philippines.  I wanted to visit her but had no way of getting a hold of her.  Instead we went to a resort that has free transportation to and from.  We ate at a garlic place.  I loved the food there.  Then we split up again.  The boys and I went to watch the Dark Knight Rises while the girls went shopping.  We met up back at the airport.

When we got to the airport, I realized perhaps I had been lax in drinking water.  Couldn't get through security fast enough.  We chilled at an ice cream shop.  I downed a bottle of gatorade and a bottle of peach tea and finally had some ice cream.  Then our terminal moved so we got up and went to where it was at.  We sat and played monopoly deal.  I was worried Keith wasn't going to be okay.  Those sunburns were really bad.

Finally it was time to board.  I got on and bought from Cebu a blanket and a air up pillow, went to sleep while flying back to Seoul.  Was still thirsty and almost bought water, but figured a few hours wouldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment