Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Good Morning Typhoon

Good morning everyone!  I am excited to say that the typhoon is right outside.  Sadly, it isn't anything special. Kansas has much more enjoyable storms.  I might as well be on the Oregon coast for all the rain we are getting, or lack thereof.  How the wind is another story.  It isn't very strong, but it isn't acting normal.

I stepped out of my apartment this morning, noted the wind was from the south, opened my umbrella and turned around to lock my apartment.  Ready to walk to school, I turned back around and the rain was coming from the north.  Blinking, I wondered if I had imagined the rain coming from the south.  Walking out onto the street, I saw the rain falling from the west.  I stopped.  The rain kept drastically changing directions as the wind whipped around, but never from the east.  Shrugging, I made my way to school playing a game of "Keep-the-Umbrella-Pointed-Into-the-Wind."  It worked.

I'm the only one here, or so it feels like.  Of course, I'm early to work by ten minutes.  I got here around 8:30am and no one else will be here until 8:40am, so give them 5 minutes.  Those who live in Daegu will have the most interesting time getting here.  I'm glad I live on campus.

So I will relax with my peach tea (fruit teas here don't have caffeine, it is a dessert drink) and start grading papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment