Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Care Packages

Well today just became a really good day.  Got through Sabbath School with almost all my pet peeves being dealt with.  God is good, since He helped me through that.  Was just really worn out and tired.  Went to church and was sitting with my translator wondering if there was such a thing as a Sabbath blessing.  I said God was good remember.  He pulled a miracle.  For the first time since I have arrived here, I got mail from the states in less than 10 days.

Two lovely packages my mom (who went overboard) put together had arrived.  The Night Watchman came over and when my translator and another student finally found the right English words, they told me I had mail from America.  Keith thankfully helped carry them to my apartment where I sat down to open them.

Something that really brought a smile to my face was a card.  It had a picture on the front with Star Trek characters.  I know many of my family and friends are not big into Star Trek.  I avoided it most of my life out of stubborn pride.  However now I enjoy the series I have seen so far and am thoroughly pleased that despite not sharing the interest, my mom still got me something that is trekkie related.


No comments:

Post a Comment