Welcome!

I'm glad you are here to read my blog. I pray your learn more about other cultures and life in general. God bless and keep you!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall Sunday (60+ pictures)

Spending my Sunday in the office... or rather, the classroom.  With all the teachers being rearranged around due to renovations in the high school, I was moved out of my office to another building.  So my desk in now in the back of a classroom.  I'm the only teacher to have been moved to a classroom.  Everyone else is still in offices of one form or another.  It will take some getting used to.  I'm watching resources that were bought with money from the International budget being used for other purposes.  Funny how Koreans do things.  Just need to get used to it.  Otherwise it's a pleasant Sunday.  Someone saw me in the building and told me to go take a rest because it is Sunday.  Without internet in my apartment though, coming to school was the only option left.

I figured you all would enjoy seeing pictures from the Chucheon trip.  I'll put a few of those in here for you to admire.  We had a lot of fun.

 This is a tunnel... with like 4 red buses in a convoy.  Koreans go through their mountains.
 This is a tunnel at night.  The longest tunnel took over 2 minutes to drive through.
 The rice is dried and ready to cut.

 This is a favorite picture I got.  The mountain has morning fog from the river.




 There was fighters up in the sky practicing their stunts...










 Hi there to myself.
 Where we at the famous chicken at.
 Backrow: Mindy and Willis.  Frontrow: Geoffrey, Vice Principle, Charles, Keith
 Charles and Willis...
 Geoffrey
 Our server preparing our chicken.  Heeku is in the background.
 Mindy
 Mindy
 Some trees are beginning to change color.
 At Chuncheon there is a dam that creates a mountain lake.
 We went on a small boat to the far side of the lake to visit a temple.

 Geoffrey's reaction to learning that the temple was a 2 km walk uphill.
 Mindy
 random resting cat
 graves
 creek
 Mindy
 Our group: Keith, Mindy, Willis, Vice Principle, Charles, and Geoffrey.
 creek
 Mindy
A princess... her story is in the picture below.

 A turtle rock... and the picture below explains it.

 A wonderfall.
 An explanation of the pond below.

 Finally made it to the temple: Charles, VP, Willis, Geoffrey, Keith, and myself.
 Back: Heeku, Geoffrey, Mindy, Keith.  Front: Charles, VP and Willis.
 Mindy
 Temple...
 Bell....
 Geoffrey running down some steps from where he had been.
 Up to in the rafters are prayers.  The entrance/exit is underneath.
 bridge....




 Dinner... or for us who need to distinction... supper.  Beef stew with rice.
This is tne Wonju SahmYook high school... and our competition.  The VP transferred from this school to our school.  It was impressive.  The roofs were completely solar-paneled.  There was an observation deck on the main building with an observatory.  So jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment